Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Konkani Bibliography

I thank all delegates who attended the recent Konkani Sammelan in Toronto, Canada, and made it a phenomenal success. On a personal note, your enthusiastic response to my talk Konkani Temples in Goa was heartening.

In responding to the innumerable requests for the bibliography, I have listed them below. Over the next week, I will also upload all photographs as well. So please check back. The talk itself followed the outline I followed in two articles I had previously written. Please check my posts on the Ramnathi Devasthan, and the Mangeshi Devasthan. You may recognize many of the pictures, and see some new ones too.

On pg 57 of the Sammelan Souvenir is my article "Travels in Kumta." You can read the original article posted on my blog, along with photographs in color. Don't miss the three follow-up articles on Kumta as well. And then, a photo-essay on the processing of Cashew Nuts in Kumta. (Click through for articles).



Bibliography for Konkani Temples of Goa
  • VN Kudva, History of the Dakshinatya Saraswats, Samyukta Gowda Saraswata Sabha, Madras, India (1991)
  • MA Couto, Goa: A Daughter's Story, (2001)
  • Feuerstein, Kak & Frawley, In Search of the Cradle of Civilization
  • C Keni, Saraswats in Goa and Beyond, (1998)
  • BB Lal, The Sarasvati Lives on, (2002)


Related websites:

If you know of other related websites, please mention it in the comments below and I will include them here.

No comments: